Encore Brux 45 Match Grade Machine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega45

Reaction score
Since my Rem 700ML .45 Shilen burned when cMc Firearms shop went up in smoke I requested an Encore barrel from Luke at smokelessmz.com as a replacement. I didn't have a forend on hand that would fit the full bore so ordered one from Tony Gettel. I still need a ramrod ferrel so the local smith can drill and tap it. For now I'm just using a collapsible ramrod which fits inside my hunting vest.

28" full bull barrel with Arrowhead plug
MGM 6 screw base
Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10×44
Warne 30mm steel rings
Boyds TH stock
Tony Gettel...Tonys Grips and Forends pillared / vented forend.
KP 302 Bomb's sized thru a Swinglock smooth die.

I had worked the midnite shift, went and got 3 ultrasound injections in my shoulder/AC joint at 830am and was at the range just after 9am. It was a cold 13 degrees so not ideal range conditions. This barrel handles recoil great. Slight muzzle jump but not much rearward recoil.

Fired Fed 209A primers.

I believe I posted the above target which didn't have the final shot in the 3 shot cluster. Load was Kinetic Performance 302gr Bomb properly sized thru a Swinglock smooth die and pushed with 62gr IMR4198. No wad was used between bullet and powder. Due to the temp I did not mess with the magnetospeed. That will happen when it warms up some.

Correct target picture.

Wish I knew about smokeless when I had my encores. Love the look of that one. Good shootin. What does it weigh as pictured?

Took the 45 Brux out to unload it since deer season is over. Tried some Parker 300gr BE's for a group. I hate firing that 3rd shot off in fear of messing up a group but it landed right in there. I'd say this gun is pretty accurate. I have more of the Parkers sized to shoot toward the end of the week if the rain holds off.

No lead sled required :)

Loose, one hand to seat, no wad. These Brux barrels load very nice. No chatter, no loose spots in the bore.

I would say it is a shooter! The trigger puller ain't to bad either. That group would probably be even tighter from a lead sled.Lol :poke:

Latest posts

Back