Pushing the limits

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was recently posted on another forum. Its pretty much just Jeff Hankins strutting his stuff. He does prove himself, and is open to any competition, real world proving. This is a bit long, but WOW... Incredible power. He calls it Cyclops.
[youtube]6_9OGOMMytc[/youtube]

Swinglock 416 will push a 450gr bullet to around 2750fps

This is a milder load.... 375 gr bullet in .416 moving at 3085 fps
[youtube]P06E9gBtEXQ[/youtube]

Swinglocks new 34lb bench rifle takes it even further.
Following are some numbers for this rifle:
300 gr Barnes TSX 4082 fps
350 gr CE 3753 fps
375 gr CE 3637 fps
420 gr CE 3384 fps

Hankins also had a 416 which was built it 2015. 416cal 350 gr bullet 4177 fps verified with3 shots on magnetospeed

Boys and there toys. I was there for both guns. They are impressive to watch especially Cyclops shooting through the plate at 100 yards. It also shot through mild steel plate at 444 yds.

I was shocked to see Hankins pushing on a ramrod. What I have seen he's usually just pushing bullets down with his finger. Like this method a lot better.

Forgive me I'm not in the know. What is the deal with Hankins and "Minnesota"?

In the video he first references Minnesota because you wouldn't want to shoot that rifle in the cold. Then later a more direct dig at Minnesota.

It's just a dig at a gentleman from northern Minnesota that him and Jeff had some disagreements with on another forum a couple years ago.

Some powders are difficult to ignite in colder temps. (That's most of the reason behind duplexing powders / and bullet obtrusion) So, there's always competition between ignition types and systems.

Back