A gun called autumn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestill

MM Sponsor
MM Sponsor
Reaction score
Ive been blessed with opportunity to build custom muzzleloaders for people all over the country and recently was contacted bye a former marine sniper scout from new jersey who has been highly decorated for his performance and service to our country. So for hillbilly from southern Indiana to build this soldier a custom muzzleloader is pretty cool but little intimidating.

So he picked stock color and action and basically said build me a shooter.
During build i noticed the barrel blank was absolutely flawless and perfectly straight and build went extremely smooth. Basically finished it at about 1am this morning and headed to range to test a little at 100 yds before shipping it out.
I fired 6 shots to foul barrel and check it out.

So for accuracy test i laid out 5 loads and sent them down range.
Gun will shoot i shot my best 5 shot group of my life.
Bullet measures .450 and 5 shot hole measures .498 making group .048 center to center.
Im super excited for this marine to get his rifle and show me what gun is capable of at long range.
Future of muzzleloading is bright.

Doesn't get better than that....great gun, great shooting.
Zen

Another beautiful rifle and it is definitely a shooter to boot! :shock: :D :yeah: I think he is going to be thrilled!

Beautiful gun and work. Excellent trigger work. You and the new owner should be very proud!

Latest posts

Back