Thor in SML loads??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfer

Reaction score
Just got the new 700ML with new barrel 50 cal build almost ready and will hit the range soon. Built for my son in law, he's a rem 700 guy in CF, and at present he's a breaker action ML with pellet/belted bullit hunter. I'm going to try to develop a Thor friendly load for the gun. To keep it simple for him. Who has shot Thor bullits SML and what powder/load was successful? I have 5744, N110 and N120, Rel 7, H and IMR 4198 and some 2015. Not looking to shoot hot loads just something better, cleaner and easier maintenance than pellets. BH209 a possibility but that is a far down 2nd choice below smokeless. Who's done it and what worked? thanks, W

I'm shooting the new one-size 300gn Tipped Thor in a new .50 Omega that Bestill built with 40gn N110 and they are pretty consistently .75MoA. They load harder than the old version but I push them through my barrel drop to ease the effort when loading the rifle.

Back