Ultra Light Arms Loads-Please list your best loads.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless your shooting for the head, neck or spine I wouldn't expect any animal to drop in their tracks. And why would you?
Shoulder shots will always anchor a deer. Thats what I go for. But given the construction of the 275 BE the shoulder shots dont work well. Tried shoulder shots several times with the 275 BE and even though I harvested the deer, the BE would not anchor the buck like an XTP or Barnes would. Have taken several bucks with shoulder shots and DRT comes to mind. :D

finally got some h4198 to try started at 60 grains with the 275 parker be with short black mmp. I stopped at 65 grains had time to only put 2 shots thru the chronograph 2340 and 2370. shots were touching!! I have shot several other powders with the parkers and this is the only powder that has worked for me

Having experience in shooting a deer or a turkey with a shotgun, so great is the feeling when you perfectly hit the target.

I wasn't aware the ULA mzldrs shot that well. Very impressive! Worth the cash in any owners' opinion? Thanks.

My favorite load in my 45 is 61.9 gr RL7, Harvester blue sabot, Hornady 200gr xtp. 2550 fps.

My NULA load update. This was the very first load I tried in my rifle, from initial sight in to the present. I had no need to try anything else. This is a typical 100 yard group shot off the bench. I did adjust the scope 1/2" left and 1/2" higher. Lately, I have been hoarding my supply of 4759. I fire one test shot at the beginning of the season to confirm my original sight in. Never had to make any adjustments to date. The only thing I have changed was to swap the original ramrod for an improved, stiffer model. I wish I were 20 years younger! LOL! This is one rifle I will sell someday to someone who understands and appreciates a superb smokeless muzzleloader. I would hate to see my heirs give this away to someone as "just dad's old muzzleloader", who would have no clue as to what this rifle really represents.

thumbnail (12).jpeg

Last edited:
These NULA seem to be incredible ML’s. I knew Melvin builds incredible centerfire rifles, but had no idea he built ML. They are not on his website. There is one here i’ve Already laid eyes on and I want to learn a little more about them.

These NULA seem to be incredible ML’s. I knew Melvin builds incredible centerfire rifles, but had no idea he built ML. They are not on his website. There is one here i’ve Already laid eyes on and I want to learn a little more about them.
I’ve had a NULA ML for about 10 years, and they’re good guns. I also have an Arrowhead smokeless Encore barrel, and I actually like it better. IN MY OPINION, with Blackhorn powder now being available, I’m seeing less need to use smokeless to get the performance I want out of a muzzleloader. I just got a bare primer conversion for my old Knight Disc rifle, and after only a few shots using BH209, I think I’m going to like the results. Then again, I’m not trying to shoot 500 yards with a muzzleloader either, and for the ranges I’m willing to take shots at deer, I really think BH209 is going to suit me.🤷‍♂️

I am following these loads as I do not think I have ever fired my NULA yet. Only got it this summer.

I have a NULA for sale in the ad section. Proven shooter, new condition.

Latest posts

Back