32 CAL GREEN MOUNTAIN Barrel On renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morris

Reaction score
I have a lot of # i buck shot. They fit tight in the bore to tight for a Patch. I am thinking about using a under card wad and bare balling the load. I would thin patch. I plan on 15 to 20 grains of 3 f t 7. Any thoughts

I never played with a .32 caliber. But I would use what Green Mountain suggests. My fear of no patch would be just that hard shot bouncing up and the bore.

You've got me all confused Morris. You say they are too tight for a wad. Did you mean too tight to patch?

I don't think I would shoot them bare balled. Green Mountain barrels have fairly deep and sharp rifling. There's a good chance they would lead up the barrel and it would be a bear to get that lead out. Jo-Ann Fabrics has some "pocket drill" that's pretty thin and makes good patches. I found some that mic'ed .008. That may work with your buckshot, even if you need to use a mallet on the short starter.

If you can't get them loaded with even a very thin patch I suggest you give up on using them and buy some .310 Hornady balls.

They are too tight for a patch They are 320 diameter. i have some 311 cast pistol bullets and a 311 170 gr cast bullet they would both need a paper patch I have a lot of buck shot I was hoping to make it work #1 buck would be perfect.

Back