Now this is a muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I would want to shoot that. I might enjoy watching someone else shoot it.

I've got that beat by more than twice the size.
I build 2 bores for a very few customers who are into the very biggest bore rifles.
IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

For more pictures, video of me shooting it and the whole documented build you can click on the link below.
http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/finished2boreboxlock.htm

Colin

A very interesting rifle for those that want to say... I have that. But what would they do with that? I can't see shooting it. And what would you hunt with it? Other then to own it and find someone willing to shoot it... its a heck of a show piece.

Shoot anything you want with it...the truth is several of my customers have taken my Big Bores to Africa.

Colin

Is that a smoothbore or does the barrel have a twist?

Colin, I read your link and sat in awe of those progress pics. I'd love to have that set of skills. Nice work!

I build them both ways, the one pictured is a smoothbore but in the photo gallery on my website there is a L/H rifled version.

03mossy, thank you...practice, practice, practice then apply ample amounts of patients.

Colin

Very impressive! Not sure I'd be man enough to stand behind one of those, but I can really appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into building one of those rifles. You do excellent work!

Latest posts

Back