Hawken Sights?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I have mounted a Lyman 57 SML rear sight on my T/C Hawken, front sight is either after market or the original one was filed way down.
Sight picture is somewhat full as I am seeing the base and blade of front sight through the peep. I will shoot this weekend and see how it works, but I may need to get either an original front sight or what can be recommended for me to get from you here.

I am still working to remove the dirt dauber nest ring from the original 50 cal. barrel (which may be impossible), but I have acquired a 45 cal. barrel which is what I am going to shoot for now. It's in good shape, and once I pick up some powerbelts and my balls/patches get in, I am good to go.

Thanks!
Bulldog...

I have the Lyman 17 AML globe sight with Lee Shavers BPCR inserts on all but two of my rifles. I also have a Lee Shavers globe sight with a level that is a awesome sight but expensive. the last rifle is a inline and I can't put one on it or I would.

frontsight1_zps45ec661d.jpg

HawkenwithRecoilpad1.jpg

Which size aperture do you hunt with? I have a 0.050 and 0.093...I'm looking at the 0.125 or 0.150 to hunt with.
I am going to get the 17AMI Globe and hopefully it will be an improvement with my old eyes.
Peep sight I can see without my glasses, with open sights its a guess sometimes with the front sight being fuzzy.
Thanks!
Bulldog...

I am using the large one. My globe has a Lee Shavers BPCR insert. They are finer and I can aim small with them. They come in cross hairs or pins. They are awesome.

Sightpicture_zps7844f40e.jpg

Latest posts

Back