New Englander 12 ga. screw in choke question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdugas

Reaction score
I have a T/C New Englander 12ga. with a modified barrel. Does anyone know if I can have the barrel threaded for screw in chokes ?

My New Englanders, the choke screws into the barrel. Not on the outside of the barrel. Mine is factory and I think the choke is modified, but will not swear to it. Its a grouse killer. Why would you want the barrel to choke inside? I have to take the choke out, just to reload. Its a PITA. Otherwise its hard to force the shot wad cup past the choke. I have a special tool I carry to screw the choke up enough to where I can then turn it with my fingers. I always thought they should have put the choke on the outside of the barrel, so that no tool was needed to remove it.

Just thought about using it to turkey hunt and wanted to use a full or xtra full choke. Mine also is modified .

I tested mine and its good out to about 30 yards max. 25 would be better. So I purchased a Knight TK2000 for turkey. I use the New Englander for birds, squirrels, and rabbits is all.

I had a TK-2000 . Didn't pattern all that well ! Decided to go back to traditional . I bought the N.E. to hunt small game, but would like to bring it to Texas this year on a Rio hunt. Just kinda got bored with modern firearms I guess .

Latest posts

Back