Oak Ridge LRML 2015

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
The 28th (started 1998 - no longer 2x/yr) LRML 2-day match concluded this afternoon in Oak Ridge, TN. Very similar rules as NMLRA Long Range with period percussion English & American match/target rifles from the late 1800's. 29 shoots (from 14 different states) were in attendance, in squads of 4 at each target, shooting std NRA HP targets at each distance. Basically, unlimited sighters and 10 consecutive shots at each distance for score. Relay times increase at each distance 1hr, 1hr, 1.25hr & 1.5hr respectively of the 4 distances -200, 300, 600 & 1000 yards.
Hopefully, our MML administrator can post the results I sent him.
Weather prior to Friday's start was 75, Friday was overcast windy and 50 for the high and distances of 200 & 300 were shot with scores of 99-3x & 96-2x were top scores. Following the days shooting was a catered dinner in the club house.
Saturday was snowing driving to the range, windy again out of the north and may have made it to 45 by day's end and mostly sunny sky. 600's top score was 84 shot with an Original Alex Henry followed by an original Rigby in 2nd. 1000 ended the match and separated the scores as it usually does with a top score of 67.
Honesty, this match was humbling as the scores overall by the group were as low as they have been in years - with really no explanation even with two former World Champions were in attendance.
It was a great match with a lot of camaraderie, fellowship and laughter by all..

Attachments

• Oak Ridge LRML 2015.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 384
  • Oak Ridge 200.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 384
  • Oak Ridge 200t.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 384
A few more photos.
4 man squads; 2 shooters, spotter, pit man (only one shooter in position (other mat is seen in photo). Switch positions after relay.
Shooters reloading table and box.

Attachments

• Oak Ridge 2015 shoot spot.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 382
  • Shooters box.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 382
And if I am reading the results correctly our own RIck Weber finished 2nd, missing 1st by one point! Good job Rick! Thanks for sharing this with us.

I was telling everyone they were not shooting as well, as I felt my scores were lower than before.
'fivebull' is the one who shot well at the end..

A few more photos.
Original Gibbs Metford barrel on a BSA Whitworth stock.
Note the shooting with wrist rest, allowed in International competition as x-sticks are not.

Attachments

• Gibbs Metford Al R.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Gibbs Metford muz.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 337
Back