Traditions PA Pellet Flintlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkman

Reaction score
Anybody have one and how do you like it?I'm really concidering getting one.

I had shot a friend's of mine rifle. He had a flintlock model. We shot it all day. And it was very accurate out to 50 yards. I liked it so much I ordered one. But right before it was shipped the store called and said they were changing models on me because its "what they had in stock." I told them NO. I wanted the rifle to look a certain way. I did not want a camouflaged flintlock. They even went as far as to say in was in the out mail right now. And then offered me $10.00 off. I told them again ... NO. In fact we got into it so seriously on the phone I got mad and cancelled the entire order. So I never did purchase one of them. So they must have pulled it because it never came to my house. I then purchased a Traditions Hawken Woodsman. And not from that store I might add.

I really wanted one of them rifles. I have two Traditons Flintlocks, Mine are the Hawken Woodsmen models. All I can tell you is they are accurate, and have a very fast lock time. The thing I wish they had that your rifle would is ... removable breech plug. While I clean my traditional rifles all the time, it would be nice to have a breech plug you could pull and clean and CHECK how well you did. But I love my Hawken Woodsman Rifles.

Also my friend tried to shoot pellets out of his rifle. Nope! Did not work. He had to duplex the load and also he said it just shot better with black powder. If your willing to spend a little more and want to shoot sabots, RMC Accusporter is a flintlock with a removable breech plug, 1-28 twist Green Mountain Barrel, and a composite stock. The stock looks like wood, but it is not wood. Just really nice looking.

Thanks for your answer.The breach plug is the selling point in my mind.Pellets not working is not a big deal.I only use loose powder anyway.

I looked up that RMC.Boy is that a nice looking rifle.But that is a Corvette and I'm on a Chevette budgit. :lol:

junkman said:
I looked up that RMC.Boy is that a nice looking rifle.But that is a Corvette and I'm on a Chevette budgit. :lol:

If I didn't have the same barrel in a T/C Hawken Flintlock ... I would own one of them. In fact I called the company and talked to a very nice person there. He really wanted to sell me a rifle. But I need another rifle like a hole in the head.

I ordered it from Gander Mountain today.It should be here in about a week.

Sounds really cool to have a sidelock flinter with a removable breech plug. Just be sure to get that barrel real clean when it arrives. Traditions barrels used to come here by boat and were always packed with grease. Not sure how they arrive here anymore.

It's going to take about a week to get here.I feel like a little kid waiting Christmas.

With the Southern Michigan temps this week back in the mid-80s, I am bummed about not going to the range too. I had a cleaning issue with my Knight Vision over the weekend and finally resolved the issue late yesterday.

All three of my range visits with the new Vision (bought in December) saw a cleaning with a nylon bore brush. Needless to say there's a baked-in fouling buildup after around 60 shots so far. The first 30 were with Goex FFF and the next 30 with Blackhorn 209.

I've run around 50 cleaning patches down the bore using a phosphorous bronze bore brush this time and seeing good progress. A little JB Bore Paste this morning and my patches should finally start showing white. You should have seen the look on my face when I caught the error in my cleaning ways. I'd run a nylon patch down and it would come back white. Then I'd run a brass bore brush patch down and it would return dark gray.

Moral to the story is never use a nylon bore brush full-time with blackpowder 50-cals. Better to include a brass brush fora couple patches at-least.

Just checked My Email,It shipped yesterday.So maybe it will be here on Thursday.

It came in today.So far I'm pretty impressed with the fit and finish.I'm hoping to get out this weekend and give her a try.

keep me posted how well it shoots. I like fintlocks. And I think your rifle should be a good one.

Took it up North this Weekend.Used Goex 2f as a main charge and primed with 4f.It had alot faster ignition than I was expecting.And I'm sure that it will get even better once I know what I'm doing.We hit everything that we shot at,Even the guys that had never shot a rifle befor.I can't wait to do some real target shooting.We were just playing around shooting at junk at my buddies place.

Sometimes just shooting at junk is the most fun. Paper can get boring. The main thing is you were getting used to the rifle and the lock. So if you were hitting it sounds like all was good!

Latest posts

Back