TC Hawkins

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougs136Schwartz

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a set of TC Hawkins . I think they were made in .45 .50 and .54 If any one has any really nice TC Hawkins they would like to sell send me a message . Ty

Doug, I run into them often up here. I pick them up and flip them. Sadly... I sold a mint .50 and .54 awhile back that I purchased very reasonable. I picked up both a .50 and .54 for $175 for both rifles at a garage sale a few years back, both in real good shape. IIRC one of the members here took the .54. I'll keep an eye out for you and call you if I find either.

after ya find that 45, 50, and 54 calibers you can start lookin' for the REAL holy grail-a 58cal T/C Hawken. I've seen exactly one and pictures of one other one.

and no, I'm not talkin' about a Hawken stock with a "Big Boar" barrel. they're super rare but T/C made'em.

bubba.50 said:
after ya find that 45, 50, and 54 calibers you can start lookin' for the REAL holy grail-a 58cal T/C Hawken. I've seen exactly one and pictures of one other one.

and no, I'm not talkin' about a Hawken stock with a "Big Boar" barrel. they're super rare but T/C made'em.

That is cool to know bubba! I knew about the Big Boar and have seen a few for sale over the past couple years, But I had no idea they ever did a 58 Hawken?

Idaholewis said:
bubba.50 said:

That is cool to know bubba! I knew about the Big Boar and have seen a few for sale over the past couple years, But I had no idea they ever did a 58 Hawken?

there's some speculation they were a T/C Custom Shop offerin' but, I can't say one way or the other. one of my buddies on Greybeard's had pictures of his posted in the muzzleloading section includin' a good clear pik of the "58 cal. Hawken" markin' on the barrel. then the site crashed and they disappeared when it was re-tooled. he started havin' vision problems, sold everything & quit postin' to the forums. he's a helluva feller & I miss conversin'/dealin' with him.

Back