What receiver (peep) sight for Traditions mountain rifle?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Swede

Reaction score
I got a percussion Traditions mountain rifle for Christmas and would like to put a receiver sight on it. I've looked online at both Lyman and Williams sights but I'm not sure which one would fit properly. Does anyone know and/or have a suggestion for me? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

Re: What receiver (peep) sight for Traditions mountain rifle?

That gun just came out. I doubt you'll find it listed so soon. Call them up.

It all depends on how long the tang is. If it is as long as the tang on a TC then use the 57SML Lyman. If the tang shape is add build a shim between the sight and the tang and make sure it is traveling vertical. If the tang is short and you would be putting screws into wood I might think about drilling the holes into the wood and filling with accuraglass gel. After the accuraglas is hard drill the holes in the epoxy to put the screws in for the sight.

You might check out MVA rear Vernier , sight , mounts on tang and has windage. flips up and folds back along tang. Make them for 200 or less

These two sights will work , if base will fit tang length . are made with smaller two inch staff, will give all elevation you need for out west.

Did you call up the companies? They might have something they're working on and possibly sell you.

I haven't called Williams or Lyman yet. That will be my next step. I looked on the MVA website and really liked their products. Made me think of Matthew Quigley. :) Probably more than I was planning to spend. The Lyman is about the top of my budget.

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back