Green mountain lrh 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
I have read that the lrh hawken barrels are hard to come by and just seen one on gun broker if yall are looking.

:yeah: I bought a NIB percussion .45cal. GM LRH barrel last friday Feb. 24th on gunbroker, for my Renegade. Not sure if its the same seller you are talking about, should be a great barrel, hope to get it by the end of the week, depending on USPS.

There still is a blued flint lock barrel still available in .50 caliber on gunbroker as of today. Also a stainless .50 and .45 LRH GM barrels are still there for $450 each. The blued barrel I bought was half that price...

Just alittle price jump from $75 to $220!! :shock: I haven't shot mine not sure I want to now...

Back the end of February there was a .32 and .36 GM blued barrels on gunbroker, but not in 1" flats for the Renegade. The .32 went for $246+shipping not sure about the .36 barrel. Funny how things go, when you don't have the cash there is plenty then when you can afford it they are gone or just about.

I shoot Lyman 320 hp cast pure lead just fine in my 1-48 twist hawken. For deer I don't need more bullet out to 80 yards I can take the lungs out with no rest. I shoot a Lyman 290 gr a lot also, I like the 1-48 twist I believe it doesn't lead as much as the faster twist. I shoot these two bullets in my in-line but I just been to the range once to zero it. I haven't settled on a load for it yet, It's 1-30.

a feller that goes by "barnyard" on gunbroker musta bought a truck load of'em. he has one listed pretty much all the time. $221.00 to start, $222.00 to buy now. every time one sells a day or so later another one appears. they're all 45cal percussion.

either that or he's runnin' the greatest con game in the world. :lol:

bubba.50 said:
a feller that goes by "barnyard" on gunbroker musta bought a truck load of'em. he has one listed pretty much all the time. $221.00 to start, $222.00 to buy now. every time one sells a day or so later another one appears. they're all 45cal percussion.

either that or he's runnin' the greatest con game in the world. :lol:

I am actually the one being talked about in the Link to the Cast boolit thread that Squeeze linked. I see this same guy on GB as well bubba, my bet is he bought a BUNCH of them when Green Mountain was trying to dump them cheap. I got mine directly from Green Mountain for 75.00, my only regret is that I didn't buy at least 3 of them, Not to sell, but to have just in case. Back when i bought mine they had between 40 and 50 of them cuz I specifically asked how many they had? The last i checked Pecatonica had bought every last one of them, and selling them for 220 or something like that? I wish they would of had a Stainless one or 2 left

Latest posts

Back