Bore Scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a bore scope (5mm) in the near future. Let's hear some pro's and con's about them. I see they can range in price from $15.00 on up. I'm sure you can't expect much for that price but let's hear it from you guy's.
Magnum

Magnum said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a bore scope (5mm) in the near future. Let's hear some pro's and con's about them. I see they can range in price from $15.00 on up. I'm sure you can't expect much for that price but let's hear it from you guy's.
Magnum

Not sure without looking, but mine is like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Skycoolwin-Bores ... bore+scope

Works very well for muzzleloaders and takes video or still photos.

An easier way then a bore scope, cheaper, handier, and more functional in the long run. If you have an O'Reilly Auto Parts store in your area, they sell a very slim pocket clip model flashlight. The clip comes off. Its an LED and VERY BRIGHT! What I do is take the clip off, then gently side that super thin flashlight, beam on and facing the muzzle to the bottom of the breech. This light will allow you a detailed clear lighted view of the bore of the barrel. To see into the breech itself, hold the light at the top of the muzzle and shine down into the barrel. Or roll a very small piece of aluminum foil into a ball, drop that down the barrel and hit it with a light. The foil will reflect the light and allow you to see the breech of your rifle. It will light all the way to the bottom and again, you can see and check the barrel. Its not a bore scope. But its multi functional, has batteries that can be replaced, and it cost $10.00 and tax. Many flash lights are too thick to fit in barrels. This one fits my .45 calibers and up, with ease.

Be careful you will find that light very useful around the house too as its small, bright and clips inside your pocket. I own three of them. It seems I am always looking for something in a dark place, and or working on something that I need light on but no way to hang light. Mouths work great for holding the tiny flashlight.

I have even used it in early morning hours to light my way to a deer stand or put my boat in the water at one of our back country lakes. Just a handy thing to have IMO.

Thanks guys. I'll be checking these options out soon. I'll keep you posted.

the ones i saw on ebay are for android phones never saw one for a iphone???

Bp45, your right. It's not that easy to find one for an iPhone.

Dave, is this the light that you are talking about from O'Reilly Auto Parts? Says 'Super Ray' on the side of it? After reading your post I decided to try one, i found this one up by the counter at our local O'Reilly Auto Parts, think i paid 7 bucks for it? This little light is a DANDY! It will easily fit down any Muzzleloader out there, I actually slid it down the barrel of my 7MM-08 just to see if it would fit and it does no problem, i then measured it to see just what it was? I got .255, so it will go down to a .270 Win for sure, possibly .260 (6.5) tho it would be tight. This little light has an intense beam that easily reaches the breech of a Muzzleloader and lights the whole bore up like a Christmas tree!! Very handy little light!

ShawnT said:
Got an email from MidSouth about a bore scope from Lyman, Looks nice, little pricy.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... Borescopes

ShawnT, I looked at this Lyman Scope as well, my main hesitation is Lyman's poor customer service, i have friends that have had bad luck with their CS, and have read truck loads of threads about how poor their customer service is, that was enough for me to avoid it.

Latest posts

Back