Suggested reading?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakotaElkSlayer

Reaction score
This black powder stuff is getting addictive. Have the Hunting and Fishing Library muzzleloading book and the Lyman Black Powder manual. Any suggestions on books that will teach me about all the various styles of sidelocks and maybe light gunsmithing on muzzleloaders?

Jim

none of the exact titles come to me just now but, if ya can find any of Sam Fadala's books they have huntin' stories, info on various guns, and projects from re-doin' what ya aleady have to finishin' & light customizin' of various kit guns.

also, ya might see if ya can scrounge up some of the Dixie Gun Works Black Powder Annuals. they were printed once a year from about the late '70's to some time in the '90's. along with all kinds of black powder info there was a lot of history of the guns & the men who used them.

The NMLRA monthly magazine - Muzzle Blast has 'how to' nearly every magazine.
Since name suggest you are in the Dakota's - so a trip to the NMLRA (Friendship) is probably out of the question.
I wish I knew off hand what books, but probably the internet is your best bet.
"The Modern Gunsmith" - by Howe has a lot of techniques, but not so much for Flint and that era.

I'm reading a Sam Fadala book now BLACK POWDER LOADING MANUAL,IF I READ THE ROMAN NUMERALS RIGHT THIS WAS PRINTED IN 1995,ARE LIBRARY IS REALLY BAD ON NEW BOOKS.LOTS OF COOL STUFF IN HERE.

Latest posts

Back