Made up some .50 Cal PP bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
These are from my Accurate mold #49-440P, I had This mold made from the Lee S&W 500 Bullet with a few changes, The bullet drops from the mold at .494, No need to run through a sizer with this bullet, just wrap and load. With 2 wraps of 9# onion skin paper this bullet loads good n tight and stays put on the powder! I shot these the other day at 100, and 200 yards, both yardages are now dead on, my lyman 57SML peep is now marked and setup to hunt with this bullet

I finally ran out of these and had to make up another batch, 12 pounds worth, should last me a day or 2

idahoron said:
They look awesome. What hardness did you go with?

I just now did a hardness test, My cabin tree dial is reading bug nuts on .045, so that would put these in the very bottom of 8.5 BHN According to the older charts that you gave me. These should be ideal for my Stainless .50 Cal, This rifle ABSOLUTELY requires a little harder bullet to perform at its best, Dead soft lead in this Stainless barrel is a NO GO

I wondered why the Bullshop bullets shot so well in this rifle? I figured they would be dead soft lead? After an email to Dan i found out why, he uses mainly plumbers lead but also keeps the solder joints, The solder is adding a bit of hardness, Hence why my rifle shot them so well!

Latest posts

Back