Rice barrel 'Drop ins' Fast Twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sabotloader said:
GM54-120 said:
$200-$225 for straight or tampered octagon blanks is a great price for the DIY people. Hard to beat that for cut rifled.

24" 40cal 1-16 ... 6.5lbs ;)

Sure would be purty too
3322402_orig.jpg

Dang! that is a good looking rifle!!!

It still bugs me i didnt buy one when i had the chance but they are not legal here for anything larger than a coyote. Turkey are shotgun only. 40cal and larger are legal for deer.

I have a blued Elite 45 i dont use. It just needs a 40cal barrel :D

ShawnT said:
The Rice and the Oregon Drop ins are pretty close in price, and have several calibers.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun. ... me=Barrels

"""Using solid bar stock, with cut riflings and finished with a crowned muzzle, the 15/16" Drop-In Rifle barrel is up to 30" long and is designed for Thompson Center and Lyman rifles. It comes in the white, requiring either blueing or browning, with nipple, thimbles, and fitted breech plug. The price does NOT include sights or ramrod. .32 caliber.""""

I saw on the Oregon link they have a 30in 58cal drop-in listed. you pick twist & depth of riflin'. might be an almost reasonable way to go for those who missed out on the T/C Big Boar.

bubba.50 said:
ShawnT said:
The Rice and the Oregon Drop ins are pretty close in price, and have several calibers.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun. ... me=Barrels

"""Using solid bar stock, with cut riflings and finished with a crowned muzzle, the 15/16" Drop-In Rifle barrel is up to 30" long and is designed for Thompson Center and Lyman rifles. It comes in the white, requiring either blueing or browning, with nipple, thimbles, and fitted breech plug. The price does NOT include sights or ramrod. .32 caliber.""""

I saw on the Oregon link they have a 30in 58cal drop-in listed. you pick twist & depth of riflin'. might be an almost reasonable way to go for those who missed out on the T/C Big Boar.

Good idea bubba! I would rather have a NON QLA barrel in a Renegade stock with a set trigger anyway. Wasn't the TC Big Boar a Single trigger? The few Big Boars I've seen had the QLA muzzle, which I DESPISE

the Big Boar was a single trigger Renegade & had the thin black recoil pad like the Renegade Hunter model. don't recall whether the one I had had the QLA or not 'cause it was always a non-issue with me. never saw any difference with it or without it except that I could load maxi's without a short starter in barrels that DID have the QLA.

shguns, I have pictures of the Barrel, NICE! It is DEFINITELY a brand new barrel, I spoke with Dustin, He understands cleaning and Caring for Blackpowder very well. Never owning a Rice Barrel, I would LOVE to have this one, But i can’t justify buying another. This would make someone a DANDY :yeah:

Dustin
I was curious about the performance of the barrel, thanks for answering that. At this time I am not in the market for another barrel.
Thanks
Scott

shguns said:
Dustin
I was curious about the performance of the barrel, thanks for answering that. At this time I am not in the market for another barrel.
Thanks
Scott

Good thing you ain’t in the Market, This barrel already found a New home :D

Back