Tree stand hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKEEE169

Reaction score
Have 4 tree stands set up where i hunt have never Muzzle loader hunted out of any of them,much difference between Ml hunting and modern rifle hunting out of a tree stand?

Nope. None what so ever. If you have a shooting rail or net around it, they may be in the way for a speedy reload. But nothing to worry about.

I don't hunt from a tree stand, but can't see why there would be any difference from a modern firearm to a Muzzleloader? Just distance, i would want to be in areas that were in my effective range, i mainly stand/stil hunt our Whitetail from the Ground, but definitely run in to places where a tree stand would be handy! With my rifle i like to sit in places i can see out to 300, maybe 400 yards

I like to mash me out a comfortable spot at the base of a large tree, lean back, shade my eyes with my hat & sorta drowse off. then when my 'Spidey' senses go off I rouse up, shoot the deer & go home. :yeah:

try that IN a tree & yer 'Spidey' senses wake ya up just before impact. :poke:

i have shot from tree stands before with both CF and ML. Saw no difference.
The bear in my avatar was shot from about 18 feet up in tree.

bubba.50 said:
I like to mash me out a comfortable spot at the base of a large tree, lean back, shade my eyes with my hat & sorta drowse off. then when my 'Spidey' senses go off I rouse up, shoot the deer & go home. :yeah:

try that IN a tree & yer 'Spidey' senses wake ya up just before impact. :poke:

LOLOL! Bubba, You and i gotta go on a hunt together!!

When I hunt in a mountain laurel thicket, and the best way to spot game is from above, so I hunt from a ladder stand there. Long barreled rifles aren't handy up in the stand.

Back