Copper plated and or shot cup in a Damascus barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildcat2

Reaction score
I just acquired a 10 ga.double barrel with Damascus barrels and would like to know if copper plated shot would harm the barrel and if a shot cup is ok.if anybody has a load formula that would be good for grouse and pheasants to set me straight on my two year old springer and I would appreciate. Thanks.

wildcat2 said:
I just acquired a 10 ga.double barrel with Damascus barrels and would like to know if copper plated shot would harm the barrel and if a shot cup is ok.if anybody has a load formula that would be good for grouse and pheasants to set me straight on my two year old springer and I would appreciate. Thanks.
I know a few who hunt fowl that cannot use lead and have used Bismuth with no issues. I have never heard of or know anyone who fears using plated shot in Damascus barrels. I use it in all my Damascus bbl shotguns when I am hunting quail, pheasants or Turkey.
I would avoid using any plastic in any original gun.
ML or suppository gun?

Thanks 52 I will not use any shot cup,I was just trying to tighten up a pattern for turkey. I do have a tk2000 that can handle that,but I am on this traditional ride that I love being on.need to keep my eye open for a 12 or 20 guage that is lighter and guicker handling gun.

Latest posts

Back