lock take apart.50 cal.triditions deerhunter 1:48 twist percusion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKEEE169

Reaction score
Well took the trigger { or lock } apart to see what goes where and to clean.Nothing flew out at me so was very happy with that.there is a sear ajustment screw there,what i want to know is this for the amount of pull weight on the trigger,didn't ajust or mess with it till i get a little bit more knowledge of it's purpose.so far what i've seen in the posts you guys seem to know these smoke sticks pretty darn good.any help will be gladly accepted.

I am not familiar with a Traditions Lock, but I'd bet they are very similar to a TC? I have a TC New Englander with a single trigger and that rifles trigger is NOT adjustable, The only adjustable triggers i am familiar with is the TC Hawken And Renegade, they have a double trigger, the rear trigger is pulled to 'set' (lighten up) the trigger pull, which is the front trigger. And the adjustment on these triggers is a small flathead screw that sits between the 2 triggers themselves.

Here is the adjustment screw on a 'Set' Trigger, you can clearly see it in this photo hanging down (for lack of better words) between the 2 triggers

I don't believe your single trigger Traditions Deer Hunter is Adjustable? I could be wrong though, as I've never had a Traditions in my hands. I would like to see a picture of the screw you speak of? There are 3 small flat head screws that hold the 'Bridle' in place on TC percussion locks, But have nothing to do with the trigger pull

after finding a owners manual, I found out the screw is on the tumbler to make sure the sear is engaged corectly,for half cock and full cock,I like to know what makes things work.since i've been retired i've took apart a lot of my fire arms.just to see whats going on inside there.Was looking at your posts on here,some nice bullets you made there,isn't casting your own lead costly?Did anyone ever think about aluminum then having them annodized.I've been looking for some steel round bearings in the .490 and .495. thank you for your input.

rollin' yer own is actually the cheapest route, 'specially if you like to shoot a lot. with a 20 buck Lee mould, a Coleman stove, a cast iron pot from Goodwill, and somethin' to dip the molten lead with you will be set up to cast for anything you own. and with just a bit of scroungin' lead suitable for muzzlers can be had for a buck a pound or less. know a roofer or plumber & lots of times it's free.

Thanks Bubba,will look into this,I know the muzzle loaders i have are what they call entry level weapons but kinda think i will enjoy this for good hobby,have always hunted and love guns.In the manual it shows a picture how the sear seats in the half cock and the full cock.My wife says if it's not broke don't fix it,I say can i make it work better.I have an old cast iron teapot that is really heavy.will look into making some bullets.

Back