In Honor of Dave Anderson (Cayuga)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
My first Muzzleloader deer, the .50 Cal Stainless Green Mountain LRH barrel on this rifle came from my friend Dave Anderson (Cayuga) I didn't get to meet Dave in person, We spoke over the phone and traded emails back n forth for quite sometime, I knew from the very first time i spoke to Dave on the phone that he was a genuine good man, Dave and i were friends from that day on (not many people you can truly say that about, that you have never met) Dave and i laughed n laughed over old stories we traded back n forth. When i joined this forum i was excited to talk to Dave on here, i joined Thursday June 29th, Dave was last active Wed June 28th, I missed him by a day.

I held the bead right behind her front shoulder and that's precisely where it hit!

My wife and i put in for extra doe tags this year and we were drawn, my Doe tag is officially filled! I have been battling a BAD case of Gout in my right Ankle that has pretty much had me crippled, this was a young last year doe but i felt very fortunate to catch her in a spot that i knew i could get to, I passed up several bigger does that either had yearlings, or were in areas that i knew i wasn't capable of getting to with my Ankle like it is. Now to get over this Gout and on to a Big Buck with my regular deer tag.

Dave Anderson - Great man and certainly as you say one-of-kind! He was a great contributor!

And believe me... he is up there looking down and watching us all.

I really do miss the guy and his posts!!!

Congrats on the nice doe. Dave would have chimed in with a comment something along the lines like that will be a fine eating doe.

It Is still very weird around here without him. Especially when a question is asked that you know he knew the answer to and would have helped out. Which was many!

He would be very happy with this. No better way to honor him. Great job!!

Back