Over powder wads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased some Over Powder Wads, but have yet to put them to the text. They come highly recommended by some.

I have seen some bullets that like the wool felt and others that like the over powder cards.
I use a .500 cutter and make my own for my 45. I like the over size wads to seal around the edges. I use 5/8" cutter to cut them for my 50.

I use the 50cal unlubed wads for my 45cal Whites with no issues. The felt wads are soft enough so the go down with no issues and I feel it provides s little tighter seal.

rangerod said:
Thought I'd try these and see if they improve accuracy. 1/8 felt wads lubricated and unlubricated. Would there be any difference?
Lubricated will help with keeping fouling a little softer for multiple shots w/o wiping. Other than that, no difference.
Depending on your bullet base design, it may not help at all (like a cavity Mine' style).

edmehlig said:
I use the 50cal unlubed wads for my 45cal Whites with no issues. The felt wads are soft enough so the go down with no issues and I feel it provides s little tighter seal.
I have used many unlubed wads with no issues in my Whites just like Ed, have to admit I never used a .50 cal wad in the .45 tho..but will when the .45's run out.

Latest posts

Back