Anyone try Hornady's Pa Conical?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DakotaElkSlayer, This is the first time i have seen these? They look good, will be interesting to see how they perform? They show for a slow twist longer barrel, but should work good in a stock 1:48 Twist barrel as well? I might try some of these in my stock TC barrels

look like the old 'ball-ets' that ya used to see in about every gun catalog. I use the lighter of the two weights of Lee r.e.a.l. bullets in my roundball barrels with good results & these bein' even closer to square with the bore may do even better.

bubba.50 said:
look like the old 'ball-ets' that ya used to see in about every gun catalog. I use the lighter of the two weights of Lee r.e.a.l. bullets in my roundball barrels with good results & these bein' even closer to square with the bore may do even better.

I have always liked the looks of the Lee R.E.A.L. bullets, i had a .54 Cal mold (the heavier of the 2) I believe it was 380 Grains? Back in that time i was doing all kinds of experimenting, Sizing them down and Paper Patching, etc. i did everything except try them the way they were designed! LOL, I had mediocre results Paper Patching them, but I didn't have a fast twist 54 Back then, i would wager a bet that my Lyman GP Hunter rifle with 1:32 Twist would have shot the Lee R.E.A.L. Bullets good. I might try them again for something to do this winter. That's a neat thing about Lee molds, they don't cost a fortune and they work!

The 50 cals are on sale right now at MidwayUsa for $13.99 for a box of 50. Thinking these would be a lot easier on the boy than jumping up to a Great Plains...

Jim

DakotaElkSlayer said:
The 50 cals are on sale right now at MidwayUsa for $13.99 for a box of 50. Thinking these would be a lot easier on the boy than jumping up to a Great Plains...

Jim

Definitely less wallop on the shoulder! I'm curious how they shoot? I bet they weigh in the same, or very close to it. I've weighed the Hornady Great Plains bullets and they were right on with each other, Swaged bullets are hard to beat. This is what i really like about the Buffalo Arms bullets i am shooting in my 45 GM LRH all the way out to 500 yards, they are a Swaged cupped base bullet and weigh nearly identical to each other, within a 10th of a grain is common, the most variance I've seen is a half a grain, that's TIGHT tolerance! I'd bet these Hornady bullets will be the same? Keep us posted if you try them!

Latest posts

Back