TC New Englander Barrel length?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I ran across a super good deal on a brand new unfired .54 Cal TC New Englander (Not my favorite TC by any means!) It is the top rifle Rynart Stock (Synthetic) The barrel is shorter? Actually i swapped the barrels around, The new rifle i got today does not have TC’s QLA muzzle (only reason i got it) I didn’t know that TC made 2 barrel lengths for the New Englander? The shorter barrel is likely considered a 24-1/2” and the Longer is 26-1/2” Anyone know about these different barrel lengths in the New Englander? I will likely take the top rifle in to the local sport shop here in town and send it on it’s way to a new home

triggerhappy243 said:
are they both a fast twist?

Hey there trigger! No, these 2 are both stock TC 1:48 Twist. If it aint dumping snow I’m gonna try and shoot the shorter barrel this morning, I’ve got her loaded with a Maxi Ball and ready to roll (the rounded lube groove model) Good to see ya on here!

Anyone know about these different barrel lengths in the New Englander?

Yes.

i have a both .50 and a .54 New Englander. The new in box .50 came with a non QLA 24" barrel. The .54 came with a non QLA 26" barrel. Also have an extra non QLA .50 barrel that is 26" long.

Okie Hog said:
Anyone know about these different barrel lengths in the New Englander?

Yes.

i have a both .50 and a .54 New Englander. The new in box .50 came with a non QLA 24" barrel. The .54 came with a non QLA 26" barrel. Also have an extra non QLA .50 barrel that is 26" long.

Thank you Okie! I just haven’t seen the shorter 24” barrel until this one? It is a Non QLA Muzzle, my longer 26” barrel has the QLA Muzzle (which i personally despise!)

Back