50 cal bore size recommendations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idaholewis...I feel like my dog died. I had the bid on that 45 ss GM LRH until the last minute or two! I guess it was meant to be so I'm back to ordering custom barrels. I did buy a blued GM 1:30 barrel to begin practicing pp. Thx again. viking

viking said:
Idaholewis...I feel like my dog died. I had the bid on that 45 ss GM LRH until the last minute or two! I guess it was meant to be so I'm back to ordering custom barrels. I did buy a blued GM 1:30 barrel to begin practicing pp. Thx again. viking

LOLOL! There is nothing wrong with the GM LRH Blued barrels, they shoot AWESOME!! In fact the pickiest rifle i own is my Stainless GM LRH .50 Cal, It will not shoot a pure lead bullet worth a darn and never has? I have to bump the hardness up to 8 Brinell and then it REALLY comes to life!! I have shot lead as hard as 9.5 Brinell and it loves it! The only adavantage i see with the Stainless is Cleaning, it is definitely far easier to clean/care for, kinda spoils ya!!

Back