GM breach plug size

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossie

Reaction score
I have a Green Mountain 15/16" .54 percussion drop-in barrel that I want to convert to flint and am concerned as to what size the threads will be for the plug. I know that their current .54 15/16" barrel blanks are 5/8 x 18 and wonder if they would be the same size or not. Has anyone removed a plug on a drop-in or know for sure what thread size it would be?

mossie said:
I have a Green Mountain 15/16" .54 percussion drop-in barrel that I want to convert to flint and am concerned as to what size the threads will be for the plug. I know that their current .54 15/16" barrel blanks are 5/8 x 18 and wonder if they would be the same size or not. Has anyone removed a plug on a drop-in or know for sure what thread size it would be?

I don’t know anything about the BP threading, never had one apart? If you don’t get an answer on here, i suggest Contacting GM they will be able to tell you for sure, They answer email fairly quickly.

mossie, On Track of the Wolf they list two sizes. Standard 5/8 x 18 and special threads 11/16 x 20.

No stainless plugs available for TC.

Good luck, viking

viking said:
mossie, On Track of the Wolf they list two sizes. Standard 5/8 x 18 and special threads 11/16 x 20.

No stainless plugs available for TC.

Good luck, viking

the 11/16ths x 20 threads are for T/C barrels.

Latest posts

Back