Accurate molds 44-404S

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
.45 Cal Accurate molds Paper Patch bullet i had made, I really need to get out and test these Bullets at some distance, i just haven’t done so. I have sent these out to a couple of guys to try, hopefully they can ad to this thread soon.

Ed, You want to try these? I ran these through my .449 just to ‘iron’ the paper a bit, They will slightly ‘bounce back’ i just checked with my Calipers and These bullets are reading dead on .450, Just patched they are .451 with my paper. These bullets are the same dead soft plumbers lead as those GG bullets you recently tried, i honesty feel the 40:1 Alloy is all around better stuff, and it is doubtful i will mess with pure soft lead anymore? 40:1 is working in everything i have so far. But hard to sneeze at the soft lead target below!

Here they are patched up

Here is a target i shot with them at 50 Yards, they definitely have potential!! :D

edmehlig said:
Be glad to try them out!

Good deal, They will start your way tomorrow! Looking forward to how they do for you? I will send you enough .060 Vege Fibre Wads to go with these guys. Does your rifle have a QLA Muzzle? If so a wool wad will likely be best

These being soft lead a lighter powder charge might work well?

edmehlig said:
QLA on a White!! God forbid. LOL

LOL! I wasn’t sure? I have seen some off the wall crazy stuff from stock 1:48 twist QLA Muzzles, NO WAY i would EVER buy another Muzzleloader with a QLA Muzzle, unless it was SUPER CHEAP and all i needed was the parts, and could afford to throw the barrel in the Garbage.

Ed, These are on the way as well, I think you will really like these? I was gonna get my old trusty .444-400s but decided to try the .444-380s this go around. I bet they shoot every bit as good?

Lewis, you got my head spinnin. GRIN I mentioned to you that I'm thinking of someday designing another bullet for my 45 White. I'm torn between a Wide Metaplat to really hit like the Hammer of Thor, or the more tapered nose design which I'm sure will be a more accurate long range bullet. Either design I'm sure game if the bullet is placed where it should be the game will be DRT. Decisions decisions. GRIN

Back