TC Greyhawk

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these rifles good quality?loads? Also will they shoot round balls good the rifle I'm looking at is 54 cal. Lol

Rlsmith said:
Anyone know anything about these rifles good quality?loads? Also will they shoot round balls good the rifle I'm looking at is 54 cal. Lol

They are the same exact gun as a TC New Englander, The Greyhawk is stainless with a black synthetic stock, The TC New Englander is Blued, with Wood stock. I just did the Trigger work on my TC New Englander and will say I REALLY like it now!! Not so much before. Does the Greyhawk have a QLA Muzzle? What kind of shape is the gun in? The Twist of the Greyhawk will likely be 1:48 which is a middle of the road twist, designed to shoot either Patched Roundball or Maxi balls. I personally wouldn’t pay over 200 for a TC New Englander, Greyhawk, or Tree Hawk (Camo version)

The gun is in excellent shape my question is really are they good solid guns like most TC guns

Rlsmith said:
The gun is in excellent shape my question is really are they good solid guns like most TC guns

They are solid, reliable guns. They are TC’s Bottom end side lock, they are considered a meat & potatoes rifle, Nothing fancy, but will get the job done. I personally wouldn’t pay over 200 for 1, and it would have to be brand new, or couldn't tell from brand new condition before i would pay that, and if it had the QLA Muzzle I wouldn’t even want it, unless it was free to a good home kind of deal. I did some modifications to my .54 Cal TC New Englander and i will say i like it now. But still no comparison to my TC Renegades, and Hawken.

Lewis has done an excellent job of describing the Grey Hawk. With its synthetic stock and stainless hardware , it was Thompson Centers way of appealing to those looking for a gun that was rugged. Unfortunately some people think that because the barrel was stainless that it didn't require the care that a blued gun does. Also being a 1-48 twist does limit your bullet selection to this projectiles used for shorter range. If you hunt in wooded areas with limited range this is not a problem.

My first 2 deer were taken with a inexpensive 50 caliber Muzzleloader with a 1-48 twist using round balls and 70 grains of black powder. Both shots were under 50 yards. I often practiced shooting out to 125 yards with this gun but when it came to hunting i was looking for the under 50 yard shots.

Latest posts

Back