Peep sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
Does any one know if a peep sight can be put on a TC greyhawk . If so what is a good one to get.

TC actually made a specific Peep sight for the New Englander, Greyhawk, Tree Hawk (same rifles just different finishes, and stocks) You see the stock TC peeps from time to time on Ebay but be prepared to spend more than they are worth. I installed a Lyman 57SML on mine.

You will need to drill and tap a hole in the tang with either peep. The stock TC peep for these rifles is kind of crude little thing but they work. I have stock TC peeps on both of my .36 Cal TC Seneca’s since it was the only option i really had. You will likely pay quite a bit for the TC peep since it is TC and these days considered a collector type thing, I personally MUCH MUCH prefer the Lyman 57SML, they are FAR and away superior to the Stock TC peeps, no comparison! But on the other hand there is a bit more to installing the Lyman 57SML, biggest being the Hammer will need to be heated and bent to clear the Peep bridge (takes a couple minutes with a torch and doesn’t hurt anything, not even the coloring) The Stock TC peep will be an easier install, no need to offset the hammer.

Idaholewis said:
TC actually made a specific Peep sight for the New Englander, Greyhawk, Tree Hawk (all the same rifles, just different finishes, stocks) You see the stock TC peeps from time to time on eBay, but be prepared to pay more than it’s worth. I installed a Lyman 57SML on mine.

3D14F3C9-DBAE-471B-8540-B694736B1DF4.jpeg

I made a mistake here and quoted myself above instead of editing

Something else i did to my New Englander, i cut off that Ridiculous beak from the Tang that covers the lock and doesn’t allow you to remove the lock without removing the tang (serious PITA when you have a tang mounted peep) Stupid design on TC’s part in my opinion!! You stil need to take good care in cleaning the ‘bowl’ of the tang at the nipple from blow back powder residue, i see lots of these rusted and pitted in that area from lack of cleaning, again it’s a P poor design IMO

The ‘Beak’ as you can see the lock can not be removed without first removing the Tang

And after i cut off the ‘Beak’ reblued and oiled up. Now i can pull my lock for cleaning without having to remove the tang which my peep is securely mounted to

Latest posts

Back