Triple 7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
How many people use triple 7 loose powder in their side locks.

I have been using T7 in sidelocks and inlines since it hit the market. Other than dealing with the nuisance crud rind ,it's been a great product. I don't even find the crud ring to be a problem if your looking for a follow up shot but if your doing any amount repetitive shooting i generally run a spit patch between shots.

I have yet to try any of this stuff, Does it require the flash hole to be opened to reliably ignite? That is what ended me using Pyrodex P before I really got started. I had a brand new .028 Treso/Ampco nipple in my rifle, my first shot was more of a Fizzle, and barely puked my bullet out. I loaded up and headed for home, I haven't thought of using any of the Subs since that. Drilling/Ruining a brand new nipple isn’t something I’m willing to do, unless i had no other choice.

I have not done anything to my rifles I use it in a pedersoli hawken a TC greyhawk and s zoli zouave 58 it works great no crud ring easy to clean with t17 cleaning solvent.

Rlsmith said:
I have not done anything to my rifles I use it in a pedersoli hawken a TC greyhawk and s zoli zouave 58 it works great no crud ring easy to clean with t17 cleaning solvent.

From what I understand it is a HOT powder, Sabotloader has some good data on it, it runs right with Swiss Real Blackpowder which is for sure HOT stuff.

Rlsmith said:
Where can I find his data does he have it on this site

It is mixed throughout the forum, i know Sabotloader uses the T7 quite a bit. Send him a PM and ask him, I’m sure he will give you any info you want on that powder, He is a good guy!

Rlsmith said:
Where can I find his data does he have it on this site

If you would like to read a bunch about it, use the search feature in the upper right hand corner, type in Triple 7, you will find LOTS of info that Way, Sabotloader is scattered all throughout

I just don't understand when someone says they don't get a crud ring shooting 777. I always get one whether side lock or inline. If there's some kind of trick I'd sure like to know what it is.

rangerod said:
I just don't understand when someone says they don't get a crud ring shooting 777. I always get one whether side lock or inline. If there's some kind of trick I'd sure like to know what it is.
The tight bores will get a crud ring every time. I don't have a crud ring in my White rifles with larger bores..451/.504 calibers if you ever get a chance to try out one then you will understand. It does work!! My Optima V2 still gets it, but not with BH209, so that's what I use in that gun. Not everybody likes to swab after every shot an get stuck breech plugs...

I've shot 10-15 times in a row with my .451 White with 80 gr. 2f 777 and after 7-8 shots it starts getting a bit harder to load but bullets still seat all the way and shoot good.

toytruck said:
rangerod said:
The tight bores will get a crud ring every time. I don't have a crud ring in my White rifles with larger bores..451/.504 calibers if you ever get a chance to try out one then you will understand. It does work!! My Optima V2 still gets it, but not with BH209, so that's what I use in that gun. Not everybody likes to swab after every shot an get stuck breech plugs...

Latest posts

Back