Uberti 1858 conversion cylinder too pricey and ammo rare

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

751510shooter

Reaction score
I just bought an Uberti 1858, which has not yet arrived, from Midway USA and I am interested in the conversion cylinder, not sure which one to get, but I know the Howell costs exactly the same amount as the gun ITSELF!!! If there is a better/cheaper one available I'd like to know. Also, I'm having trouble locating GOEX black dawge 45 colt long, I guess they don't make it anymore, and even other cowboy action ammo is hard to find, I just want to know the best one for the best deal, and I want to make sure its black powder, because that's all I shoot out of preference. Thanks for reading, any help at all welcome!

Looks like a good site, but how do you order? I would want 45 long colt, I cant select it though. its strange..

So midway couldn't come through in time, so I contacted Taylor & Co, with much better results. They too had the Uberti 1858 with blued steel frame on backorder, but they called me the next day after my online inquiry, and told me they had an Uberti 1858 in a brand new finish, that came out this year, called black rock. It was only $116 more for a total of $418, (because the blued steel at Taylor & Co was only $302.00 as opposed to midwayusa's price of $319.00) and it should arrive in the next day or so because I ordered it with the cheapest shipping, US parcel ground mail. 3-5 days usually. Here is a link of the new finish with information on why it is so much better~VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Taylor’s & Co. Black Rock 1858 New Army - American Riflemanhttp://www.americanrifleman.org ... k-new-army

Back