inconsistencies with a traditions pursuit LT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerslayertn

Reaction score
Hey really need help with this asap, gun is not consistent and clean after every 3 shots. 1 shot will be where it should be the next 3 are all over the target. No matter if gun is clean or dirty, and been shooting off of sand bags.shoot 100 grains pyrodex pellets, 250 grain Thompson center shock wave bullets, federal 209 primers. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

deerslayertn said:
Hey really need help with this asap, gun is not consistent and clean after every 3 shots. 1 shot will be where it should be the next 3 are all over the target. No matter if gun is clean or dirty, and been shooting off of sand bags.shoot 100 grains pyrodex pellets, 250 grain Thompson center shock wave bullets, federal 209 primers. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

If the rifle is scoped... I would check the scope. If not, check the powder. Something is not right when it will not shoot to the approximate same place. If all else fails, call Traditions and if need be send it back to them to have it checked.

Yes it has a scope on it, this is the 3rd scope i have put on it because of this problem and called the company they told me i was not cleaning it good enough, but which i have never had this problem with any other muzzle loader before this one. I will never buy another traditions i know that.

Have you tried cleaning after every shot with a wet patch followed by a dry patch? If not, u should give it a try.

Old powder?

Easy glide sabots(yellow 2 pedal) or black sabot?

Every try iron sights at 50yds?

OK.. we might have your problem. Shooting on a clean barrel is fine. But after you shoot, take a patch... mist it with Windex... then slowly swab the bore of the barrel down and then back up. After that a dry patch. Then reload the barrel and shoot. Swab between each shot.

Latest posts

Back