T/C Pro Hunter .50 cal Bergara barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronjohn9631

Reaction score
I'm new to this sight and I was hoping I could get some help regarding my t/c pro hunter. I recently purchased a new breech plug (CVA Blackhorn QS # AC1611BH)for my T/C Pro- Hunter fitted with a .50cal Bergara barrel. I followed the steps for correct installation of the plug but I can not get the action to close. I know the direction say to take it a 1/4 turn past snug for the first time, but I didn't want to over tighten and ruin anything. Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Lube the thin rim. Tighten the plug using the tool, quite very tight. Do you have the tool i guess is pertinent? If no tool, then protect the plug, and tighten with a pliers, or pipe wrench, or channel lock, or maybe vice grip.... Loosen the plug using the tool you used to tighten it. This should allow the action to close when you install the plug just using your fingers. A tool is only used once, to fit the plug to the barrel. Finger tight going forward should allow the action to close, and the hammer to cock, and ....

Thanks for the info, I know it says to take it a 1/4 turn past snug which is a good bit. I just didn't want to damage anything if it wasn't correct. I also seen a video that stated you may have to tighten and loosen the plug a couple of times to get it to set.
Thanks again for the help...

Back