Model 700 Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need some help, I have a friend that has an older 700 with the #11 cap system, what is needed to convert over to a 209 ignition system.

Arrowhead sporting goods.
Go online(Luke)
Hunter bolt nose kit

You get what you pay for and the other kits are not a true sealed breach conversion. If you ever plan on using BH209, you might as well do it right the first time.

For half the price or more the other kits work just fine, Of course you still have to clean the rifle. If you don't like cleaning stay with a center fire of buy a new break action Muzzle loader.

I would say the hunters bolt kit and smokers breech plug I just did one and it makes this gun so much better and cleaner and you can shoot BH209 that's what I'm using in it. Just get with Luke he has everything you need.

You do realize Sqezer already had his done by Hunter right?

sqezer said:
I had derfhunter do a 700 conversion for me and it works great. I'd try WIn.209 and see what happens.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27616&p=213149#p213149

Personally i wouldn't pay a penny for a 209 conversion that belched as much fouling as a cap into the action or the bottom of my scope. I would stay with the #11 if that was my only choice.

I did the 700 Nose kit on the bolt and it came out 100 % better than the # 11 . The owner of the ML is also very happy with the results. :yeah:

Back