Loose action with an old LHR muzzle loader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNP

Reaction score
Have noticed many complaints about loose actions on the original LHR Redemption Muzzleloader. Mine was loose but it never seemed to affect the accuracy which was very good indeed. About a year ago I decided to fix the slop in the action. The problem is the fit between the "hook" on the barrel and the cross pin in the receiver. Either the pin need to be a tiny bit bigger or the hook needs to be smaller. I cleaned the pin with alcohol and cut a piece of foil duct tape; the kind you need to peal the back of off so it tightly fit on the pin about 3/4 around the pin. This is making an aluminum shim between the back of the pin and the receiver latch. Of course it needs to be carefully applied so it is smooth and tight. Did this a year ago and have shot the gun many times; still tight. Eventually I may have to reinvest in another postage stamp piece of tape but I am good with that. Guess I have to be since LHR will not answer the phones anymore. This actually works extremely well. The lockup is as good as a Purdy or Holland and Holland double. Maybe I just got lucky, but maybe you will too?

Latest posts

Back