TC Renegade Percussion problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick10Ring

Reaction score
I have a 54cal. percussion TC Renegade. The last time I went to the range it would not stay cocked when the hammer was pulled back.
It has double set triggers and after trying to adjust them the problem persisted.

Any advise or ideas on what it could be?

[email protected]

First thing I would do is pull the lock plate and make sure it is really clean behind the plate. Over the years, gunk and powder can work in there and if the different parts get enough gunk, they will no stay back. Next is I would really look at what trigger adjustments I made to the trigger set screw. You might have set it too far. I seldom monkey with mine so unless I find my manual I will not tell you what I would do to it. That would be where I would start. Second, call T/C and see if a Tech on the phone can tell you what to do to make it shoot. It did shoot OK in the past did it not?

Yes it did shoot in the past. I was trying to get it to work the other night and the lock would stay cocked but when I assembled it it would not stay cocked.

Thanks

Nick

Maybe the sear position or the engage ment of the trigger with the sear. The sear can be the culprit sometimes.

Back