Deer game cart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabela's used to sell one. And it had good written reviews. I personally don't use them. I still muscle them out. But that is getting harder to do each year. If there is snow on the ground, I watched a man with an otter sled pull a deer out so slick it was hard to believe. I use an ATV. :D

I drag mine out, but how about a $10 kids sled? Works in snow as well as dry ground.

Emrag

emrah said:
I drag mine out, but how about a $10 kids sled? Works in snow as well as dry ground.

Emrag
Last week my brother got a nice buck and I put it in my jet sled it was hard over dry ground .

Yes, i agree, a sled is tough when grass is dry. Using a cart is much the best way to haul deer for a walker. My cart has served me well for several deer, but isn't available for purchase these days. Maybee.. take a look at the one Cabelas has on sale right now for $100; i have no knowledge of how good it is, but the pictures look OK.

Cabela's Magnum Game Carrier. Zero weight on the handle makes a huge difference! You won't be disappointed! I've had mine for 10 years. I don't know why Cabela's calls it new. Maybe they mean that there's a "new price" because I paid $99 for mine! Great product!

When I was younger an hunted on NF land the walk in was at least a mile, the drags out were terrible. By the time you got to the truck one side of the deer would have bare spots where the hair was worn off. I have use a deer sleigh (rolled up heavy plastic that you place the deer inside) that worked until a couple holes appeared in it. I have used a kids snow sled too, worked ok on leaves not so good on bare ground. I now have a deer cart, aluminum with two wheels, got it for $50 some time back an never had the opportunity to use it back in there. I don't hunt in there anymore by myself, the deer have gone down to private lands an its buck only hunting now. Between the road hunters/poachers an slob hunters shooting everything the deer aren't there like they were.

I built mine of wood and used 24" bicycle wheels with a stepped axle. You could instal a hand brake if you felt the need. I have hauled 1/4 elk out as well as numerous whole gutted deer. Obviously works best after you get to the logging road. and you have do avoid steep declines. But doable.

If you know where your stand will be, chain up to a tree nearby before the season and you are ready and set. Obvious precautions prevail.

Imagination helps, presistence helps.
Martin Loader

Latest posts

Back