Spin Jag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone about the Chief's spin jag and cleaning retriver, I was lucky to get the chance to test the spin jag and retriever that Doug Edwards sent me. First thing both of these units are very well made and was very easy to use, I have a Gunn Spin jag and I compaired it to Chief's and I feel that Chief's is better because on his there is a nylon bushing to help keep it centered in the barrel and the end of the spin jag is clearenced more to help load bullets like the plastic tip on the Parker bullets the combo packet also had two guide bushings to first put on your ram rod to help with wear on the inside of the muzzle, I thought that this was a very good idea.
The cleaning retriever works very good and is easy to use, again very well made and has a brass blade between two nylon bushings when you push it up and down the barrel it cleans the grooves of power and plastic that is left in the barrel.
I have no idea what this combo pack costs but I would buy one, well worth the money. Don

I you go to the smokeless muzzleloading section there is a post on spin jag with pictures that Doug posted on it. Don

Great product, works as advertised. Was a little concerned with the scraper but a patch with Kroil and good to go.

Back