Knight Rifles/ Customer Service

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sask-possum

Reaction score
I hope I put this in the proper area... :D

I got to tell you guys about my experience with Knight Rifles and Customer Service. Last year I was getting low on the orange discs so I called directly to Knight because the discs are N/A in my area, not even at cabelas in Saskatoon. So I talk to the girl and explain I need 500 orange discs.
I get a package in the mail about 5 days later from Knight, only to find she sent me the RED ones... :( So I call back and talk to her about the mishap, and offer to send the red ones back in exchange for the orange ones. That's when she told me... I will send you the orange ones but keep the red ones too, you must know someone who can use them or maybe one day you will buy a new Knight rifle and need them. :D
As far as i'm concerned that is AWESOME Service.

Sask-possum said:
I hope I put this in the proper area... :D

I got to tell you guys about my experience with Knight Rifles and Customer Service. Last year I was getting low on the orange discs so I called directly to Knight because the discs are N/A in my area, not even at cabelas in Saskatoon. So I talk to the girl and explain I need 500 orange discs.
I get a package in the mail about 5 days later from Knight, only to find she sent me the RED ones... :( So I call back and talk to her about the mishap, and offer to send the red ones back in exchange for the orange ones. That's when she told me... I will send you the orange ones but keep the red ones too, you must know someone who can use them or maybe one day you will buy a new Knight rifle and need them. :D
As far as i'm concerned that is AWESOME Service.

Great - I just wish everyone's experience had the same happy outcome!

That's really great to here! It's not always that way. I have been trying to get a part for my Nikon Scope the last 3 months. They sent me the wrong part and it's been pulling teeth and I still havent got received my scope cap.

I've been trying to talk to someone at Knight for a few days now regarding the purchase of a new rifle. I sent in an email last Sunday, and someone replied one Monday asking me to call in. Well I keep calling and I get the message machine informing me that they are in their off-season hours, and to leave a message, they will call back. Still waiting for a the phone call. Maybe I'll have to sped my $$$ elsewhere...

Not sure what this post was in reference to but just thought I'd add my experience on Knights Customer Service. I have a Knight Ultra Lite that had to be drilled and tapped for iron sights and they told me the warranty would be voided if I had a gunsmith do this other than Knight. So after much confusion, having me send the barrel to the wrong office and a rather abrupt response and no reply to my inquiries, I finally got a message about 3 weeks later that told me they incorrectly had me send the barrel to the wrong office. Long story but after all was finished, they drilled and tapped the gun and installed some fiber optic sights for no charge. So somewhat of a mixed experience but at least they got it right in the end and I was satisfied. Guess everyone makes mistakes.

My experience with Knight Customer service caused me to cancel a recent order for a Knight Mountaineer.
I ordered the Mountaineer from Sportsmansguide® via their web site. After making the purchase I realized that the gun I ordered was equipped with the Bare 209 ignition system. I desired the extreme disc option. I went to the Knight Rifles Facebook® page and ask a question via Facebook® message. They responded promptly and told me I could call Knight Monday morning and they would assist me. All Sportsmansguide® Knight Rifles are shipped per order from Knight. Monday morning arrives and I call Knight as soon as I think their open. A guy answers the phone and I begin to share my delima and he begins to solve my problem before I finish my first sentence. When he finished, I make him aware that the gun was purchased through Sportsmansguide®. At that moment his attitude changed from helping me to salesman. He suggested that I purchase a $160.00 dollar conversion kit. I promptly told him no thank you. I had just spent nearly $750.00 for the Mountaineer and I knew the vendor's web site clearly stated that the rifle would ship directly from Knights inventory. After I hung up with him and collected my thoughts I decided to give him another call. I called customer service again and the same fellow answered. I proceeded to explain my situation again and again he promptly told me he could not help. As a side, line the cost for both ignition systems were the same on Knight's web site. I was then told I had to call customer service at Sportsmansguide. I called and spoke with a very helpful person who informed me that they did not have an item number in their system which included that particular disc ignition system. Not completely content I decided to just take the gun as ordered and live with it. I posted on Knights web page what I personally thought of their customer service and it was not well received. I got a Facebook® message this afternoon around 5:00 pm from the owner of Knight suggesting to me that I cancel the order at Sportsmansguide® and purchase a CVA® or in his words another POS. He continued ranting and told me he didn't need a "cyber bully" in the "Knight Nation". What an ass hole! I obliged his suggestion and cancelled the order promptly. I will make sure the remainder of the muzzleloader community knows what a prick "Mr. Plastic" really is. I will be sure the "nation" knows! " You do a man right and he will tell a hundred people, you screw him over and he will tell a thousand".

Fellow ML fans;
I had a bad experience with Jeff Beene/Knight Rifle's current owner. I said some things that could have offended forum users especially loyal Knight shooters. I need to learn to keep my rants under control. I will never own a Knight, however, you can enjoy what pleases your eye.

There have been some problems with customer service at Knight. I hope they get it fixed because I would like to see the company hang around. Don't feel bad about airing your experience, maybe it will help give them the push they need to improve this part of their company.

I am considering the purchase of a Knight muzzle loader after seeing and handling one a buddy used at our Georgia deer club this past season. However, after reading the information here concerning Knight I'm having second thoughts. I don't want to get into a urination contest here regarding the company, etc. so if someone here has had a recent good, bad or indifferent experience with Knight, please PM me with the details. I promise to keep them confidential.
Thanks.

Knight customer service is very good they are just a little hard to get a hold of due to having limited staff.
Ive bought 4 muzzle loaders from them in the last year plus a bunch of sabots etc and had zero issues with them.
Their guns are top notch and as I said so is their service just have to be a little patient when trying to get a hold of them.
The thread your posting in is almost 6 yrs old also.

Customer service should be at the forefront of every company if they want to survive.
I got a rifle from knight when the company came back together. I believe the mountaineer just got introduced? Any ways getting the rifle went well. Making a suggestion to thier company for a product to remove bare 209 primers was next to impossible. Got a reply almost 5mo later. Hope they get a handle on thier customer communications.

Back