Muzzleloader's Precision Packer™

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuzzleLoadersPPacker

Reaction score
Over the years there's been considerable interest in loading pressure consistency. There have been very few solutions offered We're hunters first and admitted ballistic Freaks! We wanted a product, we were willing to pay for it and found it wasn't available. So we set out to do it ourselves, for ourselves, and now we're pleased to put it out there for as many like minded shooters as we can reach! Check it out here, especially the tutorial video. Please "like" us while you're there. We're a small outfit and every bit of exposure help.

http://www.facebook.com/muzzleloadersprecisionpacker

Lastly, being new to the forums, and very excited to find a new place to get the word out, I hope this was the appropriate place to link to a web sight. Please forgive and redirect if I've posted poorly. I'll do my best to learn the ropes quickly.

If I were you, I would consider sending a couple of these out to some of the more active posters on here that shoot a lot and take lots of pics/video for field testing/review. Members like ronlaughlin and sabotloader and cayuga are some I have in mind that are very good about posting up range reports with pictures. I also believe these guys would tell everyone without bias, their honest thoughts about your product. IF it meets or exceeds the advertised advantages for accuracy and they say so, you could be well on your way to a good year of sales. Something to consider.

Interesting product.

I don't mean to be that guy that nit picks everything but I do have one coment. Towards the end of your video on your Facebook page you show yourself using the tool. Then bring the gun up an fire. Does this mean you were loading powder, seating the projectile then using the tool on a primed muzzleloader? Maybe the filming cut for a minute while you primed it but I sure didn't see it.

How does it compare to:
Johnston Pack Jack. As far as seating pressure?

03mossy said:
Interesting product.

Maybe the filming cut for a minute while you primed.

Exactly that! Good catch. There's a guy who was REALLY watching! :yeah: Didn't flow right without edit.

I found this on another thread from way back;

Pack-Jack that supposedly ensures a consistant 40 pounds to seat the bullet on top of your charge. From the pictures it looks like it would slip over the ramrod. Is 40 pounds sufficient? I've been perusing the internet for a force gauge with a 100 pound range - not sure how much seating is required for BH209.

I can tell you that 40lbs is NOT enough for BH209. Our research during development showed that 70-80lbs works for ALL loose powder. Some can do just as well with less, but none do worse at the higher end, and others like BH209 can fail to ignite without good pressure. The Muzzleloader's Precision Packer™ loose powder version hits the middle at 75lbs. There is a version for Pellet shooters at substantially lower poundage. (Crushing pellets :nono: )

I'm assuming that this contains a spring?
How repeatable are the actual forces and deviations?
Has the longevity of the spring been established?

Looks like a good product, particularly for target shooters. I agree that consistency is ALWAYS good.

For me, I hunt alot more than I target shoot. I've never had an issue with getting proper compression on my loads in the field or on the range, and it would be one more thing I have to carry when hunting.
Now, if it could take the place of my short starter... :yeah: :D

I would agree with mentioned above... sending a demo to one of the guys would probably be good.

ENCORE50A said:
I'm assuming that this contains a spring?
How repeatable are the actual forces and deviations?
Has the longevity of the spring been established?

Since we are active shooters and hunters Beta testing is never-ending and that's a good thing for everybody! Testing over hundreds of live fires and thousands of static cycles has yielded absolutely repeatable forces understanding you must stop at the "stop" If you don't push hard enough to get to the stop or keep pushing after the stop the inconsistency is on you. Although no way to speak with certainty to longevity, I'll say it's expected to be longer than most guys shoot in a lifetime, based on the components chosen. By that I mean higher than necessary overall compression rate so that desired deflection travel is far short of rated load and we never ever come even close to closed length.
-G

WV Hunter said:
Looks like a good product, particularly for target shooters. I agree that consistency is ALWAYS good.

YES!

I've never had an issue with getting proper compression on my loads in the field or on the range.

Understanding you may have no problem getting sufficient compression to make the gun go bang, it might be a stretch to think that's "proper" as far as consistency for accuracy when the push is a leaning guess. I get that some guys don't care as much about accuracy while hunting (Minute of deer and all) but it's huge to me. I expect my frontloader to be surgical at 100yds so as to be adequate at 200yds.

...and it would be one more thing I have to carry when hunting.

It's all I carry now. Was never much for a short starter if I could avoid it and I find the Muzzleloader's Precision Packer™ to make a superior palmsaver. BTW in case anybody was wondering, no noise. Nothing rattles on the inside during use or carry.

Just my somewhat(ok completely) biased take. I'm all for whatever works best for you.

toy truck said:
Looks promising but I will wait till more time has passed an check the reviews.

The members in this forum have been overwhelmingly supportive especially considering our "Newbie" status. Shipped units are reaching members as we speak!

toy truck said:
Is it on Amazon yet? JK :lol:

No joke there! I'll tell you the story. After completing the Amazon seller application process, we were approved to launch in the Amazon Marketplace. Then the fine print...Amazon will take 17.5% of every item and every shipping charge!

**Side note for context** As simple as this product is in concept, it is difficult to produce quickly or any more cost effectively. You need very specifically rated components, and a certain level of hand fitting per unit in final assembly if you expect consistency.

So...Much as we'd like to reach millions of customers on Amazon, we feel sales would suffer by corner cutting in production or raising the price. Since those are the only two ways to offset Amazon's 17.5% and we WILL NOT consider either, we passed on Amazon! We'll find other grassroot ways to get the word out, like right here.

Thanks for the interest,
-Glen

Been enjoying the interest and support from hunters and shooters here at Modern Muzzleloader.com and all over the web. So we're going to do something to show our appreciation while continuing to spread the word. Muzzleloader’s Precision Packer’s™
1st monthly giveaway of a FREE Packer unit! On Feb. 1st the winner will be chosen from all page “Likes” at http://www.facebook.com/muzzleloadersprecisionpacker Just make sure you currently Like the page to be entered, and tell your shooting friends how to enter too. If any of you long time members know a spot on the forums to post for EVERYBODY to see and participate, please let me know and I'll re-post there as well.

For those of you who don't do Facebook, we apologize that we have no way to get you in on the Giveaway. We admit we weren't much for FB either before our product launch, but were convinced that everybody else pretty much was and so...this time around we chose the "like page" system to register entries. Perhaps in the future we'll do a contest with a different entry method.

In the meantime, 1 week to go for the Feb. 1st Giveaway! if you are entering, make sure to like the page, not just a post or a picture on the page. Only full page likes count.

If you are one of those who are not Facebook members and haven't been able to check out the Muzzleloader's Precision Packer™ video or online store, here's a couple links that might work for you;
[youtube]2bv5SP6eD0k[/youtube]

https://squareup.com/store/muzzleloadersprecisionpacker

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Greg Kohler of Decatur,MI is our Feb. 1st winner and newest MPP shooter. Stay connected for more info and future giveaways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Announcing our next FREE GIVEAWAY! April 1st. Like our Facebook page to be entered to win!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back