HUNTING /FIELD EXPERIENCE W/NEW FEDERAL BULLETS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ron did some testing on them. Ive seen it done on a few sites with mixed reviews. I tried a pack of them (curiosity mostly) they shot well...with the exception of an occasional flier. In my opinion, I chalked it up to the base ring possibly sliding up during loading. I never had much faith in them from the start, I dont think bullets should have moving parts.

I tried a blister pack. They worked as well or better than my current sabots. 100yds was the furthest I tried them. Peep site. Bench rest. I did notice an occasional flyer.

My question for my CO elk hunt next Fall, you are limited them or cloth and round ball, so what choice does anyone rally have except the new Federal Bor Lock MZ?

Your not limited to them at all you just can't shoot sabotage. I shoot full bore cast conicals myself but you can shoot thors fpb bullets powerbelts if your brave enough all kinds of things.

I would definitely use the heaviest bullet I could find for elk. I've used the Hornady 350 gr. FPB to kill a couple of cows. They worked. I like heavier bulelts. A heavy lead conical at lower velocity will kill elk just fine.

Back