Gunslick-Foaming Bore Cleaner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=122065

Guys I hae been using this stuff for a several months now and I really am starting to like it. I used it in my M1A after a long range session and it really does take copper out. After spraying it in the bore and letting it sit for 1/2 hour like the instructions say I punched the pore with a patch and the foam came out blue. So that tells me it is removing copper. I have also used it on my Savage 10MlII. I used it when I first got the rifle to remove the gunk from the factory and have used it ever since. It does a really good job. One thing though it is a little sticky and I always follow up with a few swaps of Hoppes or Shooters Choice to get the stickiness out, but that is no trouble. I have not used it with Black Powder or Subs, but for smokeless shooters it really is worth a try. It also lasts a lot longer then I thought it would. The small size of the can fooled me. I figured about 2 cleaning jobs of a .50 bore would be all I would get. However so far I have gotten 3 clean jobs on my Savage, 2 on my M1A, 1 on a 44 mag, and several other guns as well. There is still product left in the can. Worth a try especially if you buy a new Savage 10MLII and are facing the task of cleaning all the factory gunk from the barrel.
Rifleman

Back