Great Plains Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Does anyone use them on Deer? I shot a Hog last Spring with 385gr. it did well.

I better like them because I now have a bunch.

oneshot1

Very hard to load. My sons and I have used them in our 50 cal. Pedersoli Remington Rolling Blocks and have not seen good results yet but we're still experimenting. 100 grains of Pyrodex RS so far has been used at 70 yrds. Will be working with them during the winter if Wisconsin gives us some mild weather this year.

I've had really good luck at the range with Great Plains. I'm shooting 410 gr FP's with 100 gr 777 and getting really good groups. Last night, I just found a box of 385 gr HP's that I would like to use on elk.

PowderKeg

What kind of gun? I've got a couple other guns I may try them with. Would like to get them to load easier. Really hard to move sown the barrel. Some are made that way to follow the rifling back up the barrel the way they went in.

great plains

used 425 grain bullets in a Thompson Renegade with great results 3 elk 1 antelope and 1 javelina.Shot good range groups.5 Star product.

Nobody in this area wants to use them because the hard loading. Also have gone to other ML sites and found lots of reports of bad results beyond 50 yrds.

I have had excellent results using a MMP Sub Bases with the 410 50 cal bullets.
50-410bbsb.jpg

I used them in my TC Thunderhawk 50 caliber and was real happy with them. I used 90 grains FFFg powder and the 385 grain bullet for whitetails. Needless to say ever time it thundered it rained red!!! :D

I shoot them out of my Hawken using 90gr pyrodex RS. They shoot great on paper at 50yds open sights. I may tone the powder down a bit from 90 to 80 or even 70. They are shoulder breakers. Havent had the chance to try them on deer yet. I wanna get a few more under my belt with the inline before I try the traditional thing.

My first whitetail fell to a 385 grain GP bullet many years ago. They take deer down with some serious authority. My old sidelock shoots them very well when fueled by 80 grains of Pyrodex. I picked up some 410's but have not had a chance to shoot more than one of them in my Accura.

My first whitetail fell to a 385 grain GP bullet many years ago. They take deer down with some serious authority. My old sidelock shoots them very well when fueled by 80 grains of Pyrodex. I picked up some 410's but have not had a chance to shoot more than one of them in my Accura.

Postby Elkinde » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:26 pm

Very hard to load. My sons and I have used them in our 50 cal. Pedersoli Remington Rolling Blocks and have not seen good results yet but we're still experimenting. 100 grains of Pyrodex RS so far has been used at 70 yrds. Will be working with them during the winter if Wisconsin gives us some mild weather this year.

How about and update on your results
Martin

Back