My New Rig!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Here is a Basstracker I bought in January and have been restoring. Have been fishing several times starting in April and catching numerous middle Tennessee largemouth. Going soon with my oldest son and 3 year old grandson in a couple weeks (they live about an hour from me). Really enjoying it!

Attachments

• BT2.JPG
    BT2.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 1,441
  • BT1.JPG
    BT1.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,441
Very nice looking boat!! My boat is a 14 foot and has a Evinrude motor also. Really pushed the boat nice on the lake. The only mistake I made was not getting one with a steering wheel. On the advise of friends I got the motor hanging off the back and then you have to sit back there. I don't like that. And since I normally fish alone, I now see the benefit of have a steering wheel in the center of the boat and just always being in the center of the boat.

Thanks cayuga...Yea, I'm no big tournament fisherman or nothing, just like being in the outdoors. But I can tell ya this, the minute archery opens up in September the cover goes on the boat! LOL. Although I have been considering checking out some of the Army Corp property that surrounds the lake close to my house for deer sign. All of this property, thousands of acres, is open hunting. Problem is it is covered up with hunters. But, I have heard that if you access the properties by boat you are more to yourself because hunters won't walk that far (no vehicles or ATVs allowed inside the corp property). Might just sneak in and ambush one this fall!

Hal, until I read your post I thought the boat was new. You did a great job. Enjoy that fishing :!:

Ray......... :yeah:

hawgslayer said:
Hal, until I read your post I thought the boat was new. You did a great job. Enjoy that fishing :!:

Yeah...I put a lot of work into cleaning it up and modifying it. It is sweet!

hawgslayer said:

That's what I was thinking too! Great job Hal! :yeah:

Nice work Hal. How large is the motor?

It looks like I will be buying a 13 ft. Boston Whaler from my Mother in law. The boat is in great shape but the motor is questionable as it is a 80s Johnson 35 hp. It ought to go like a bat out of hell but I want it to be reliable. with this warm weather I should put some energy into it.

Back