Electric trolling motor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaman_24

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 15 foot crestliner AMF and I want to get a minnkota electric trolling motor but I'm not sure what size to get. Will a 40lb thrust motor push that boat good enough to troll?

I don't know heavy big a crestliner is but my 50 pound thrust saved my butt out in the bay when my merc went kaput. I have a 16 foot glass boat. probably trolled along for a few miles full thrust against the tide and made it to the dock.

Cell

I have a 14 foot aluminum boat. I had a 40 horse Minnkota transit mounted and it was a piece of junk. Granted it pushed the boat around, but it really strained. And that I believe led to its death. I then got a bow mounted Minnkota and it is a 60 horse. Much better trolling motor, moves the boat around real well. The older 40 kept blowing seals. I had it fixed twice, and finally decided it was no longer worth pumping more dollars into it. Minnkota did nothing to help me with the poor quality motor. Now the new one has so far, been bullet proof. It works great, and really takes me around the lakes.

Dave I need to get a line on that 40 horse electric trolling motor mine only puts out 60 pounds thrust.

Latest posts

Back