Going to need a little help this spring up the Maumee river

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erie1

Reaction score
If there is anyone willing to help man the boat on the weekdays I'll be looking for fisherman to fish the Maumee River Walleye Run. I don't fish the weekends ........ Toooo many people up there!!! But on the weekdays it's not to bad.
Running the boat up the rapids and setting the anchor is a two man operation.
The qualifications are.......
1 You must like to fish
2 Know how to handle a rope and anchor and follow directions.
3 Willing to get up early.
4 Have own fishing equipment.
NOT BAD SO FAR.......>>>>>
5 No drinking alcohol on the Boat.
6 No sticking hooks in the Captain... Did I mention I do have a CCW permit!!!
7 Must obey the fishing rules ..... There are game wardens up the wazue up there.

I'm retired and there are times I would like to go fishing but most of the people I know are working on the weekdays. If anyone is interested in fishing the Maumee River walleye run this spring let me know.

For more information check out the web. Maumee River Walleye Run, and Maumee Bait and tackle web sight.

Have a good day
Gene

I love walleye! They're good eating. Unfortunately I would have to be up reeeealy early to get there to fish with you. :lol:

Fishing the Maumee River spring Walleye run

Yes you would need to get up early.
I'm surprised there are not a few takers that live near by. I'll repost when the season gets closer. If the timing is right it's a good time.

I spent 9 yrs in Michigan. I miss the perch and walleye, they are so good. Aint nothing like cold water fish. :(

Great hunting in Idaho

I know people that drive to Idaho to go bird hunting. They say it's a good time.
Things are slow on the shore of Lake Erie. This end of the lake is frozen over. Hunting season is over... Ice is not think enough to go ice fishing so we wait for spring. All the men are traped with nothing to do but home repairs. The wife's have us for now but when the ice melts the hunny do list stops. We will be free to work on our boats, restock fishing supplys check on our secrit fishing spots..... Watch the grand kids??? what grand kids? Do we have grand kids????

It won't be long!!! I just looked out the window... Looks like the snow is melting. Think I'll go to BassPro before the wife gets up.

Latest posts

Back