Got to love cold water fishing in Ky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
People here tend to not fish much during the winter months so lots of good places all to yourself. Caught this one out of a friends farm pond a couple weeks ago on Jan 9th 2016 while fishing for bluegill. Caught on a ice jig with a size 10 hook and a single wax worm. Tipped the scale at 12 lb 2 oz, was released to be caught again someday. Sure gave my 9 foot crappie rod a workout. It and along with one 2 pound largemouth and a dozen or so nice bluegill also caught that trip. Managed to call my friend who lives in the red barn in the background to get his butt over there with a dip net, Once he got it into the net he about fell into the pond trying to lift it to the pier. Thought I was going to have to drop the rod and grab him by his pants leg to keep him from going in but he made it. If you look close you can see the tiny jig still stuck in it's mouth.

A ice jig and float setup minus the wax worm....it never sank that tiny float when it hit. I got a surprise when I set the hook thinking another bluegill.

Back