2 3/4" split tailed minnow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Here are some baits I make using an experimental 2 3/4" split tailed minnow mold. I inject the mold a few times using straight chartreuse plastic to use the baits as "tail stock"....I cut the tails off to put back in the mold to re-inject with another color of plastic for the body. In all of the baits shown here the body color is black as that's what works best with the pearl pigments that are brushed on to create the mirror-like colors. As a rule the pearl products go into the plastic. I brush the dry powder ON the plastic and then simply give the bait a top coat of plastic to seal the eyes and cover the color with a protective coating.

aE9AGev.jpg

xaSCUIc.jpg

PycFGuN.jpg

Re: 2 3/4" split tailed minnow

Those look fantastic. I bet these hoosier crappie would hit those in a heart beat. Careful there Tom, you'll be swamped with orders and not have any time to fish.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Right now I'm just working with a ton of different pearl powders from an equal number of sources. These baits are all one-of-a-kind. I may sell some next spring but for now I'm not making to market.

Back