CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Jigs in Rapala colors

For talking fishing and boating!

Moderator: Senior Moderators

MrTom
Veteran
Veteran

Jigs in Rapala colors

Postby MrTom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

These are done in the Shiner head and the tear drop head in both 1/16 and 1/8 ounce sizes. Rapala colors have been catching fish for decades and I finally decided that some jigs should wear a couple of the colors that do me good in open water.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Jigs in Rapala colors

Postby herschel conyers » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Great looking jigs. You know your teasing us don't you?

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk
HC

MrTom
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTom » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:08 pm

More like I am teasing myself. I am looking out the window that faces my bird feeders and neighbors house and can't hardly see either with the wind whipping yesterday's snow around. We got about 7" of fluff late yesterday and today its just above the zero mark with 25-35 mph sustained wind. Gusts are some thing else. When I blew snow this morning I was getting about a 150 foot plume of snow out of the blower chute.....out of the driveway and down into the park. I like that trade-off. Trust me....I'd rather be fishing.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Postby herschel conyers » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Winter is tough on us old guys. Cabin fever has set in at my house. Two months to go but I think we ll make it.

HC

twild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby twild » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Mr Tom you make some fine looking jigs. I wish you would put an assortment pack in the classifieds. Cabin fever is in full swing here, my entertainment is watchin the pups jockey for position in front of the stove.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Postby herschel conyers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm

+2 ON WHAT HE SAID. If word got out then all the bait & tackle shops around would be hounding him to fill their orders. Tom wouldn't have time to fish or hunt. All kiding aside those jigs do look fantastic.

HC

MrTom
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm

I'll give it some thought, but really I'm not looking for any sales and certainly am not going to make a job of it. I take care of a couple small shops and some buddies' needs and that's about enough for me. Getting old and cranky, but the tackle making helps keep me in touch with the fishing while the snow flies.

I had some skin cancer issues back in October and was told then that they got it all. I had a check-up yesterday and now they're talking radiation treatments and possibly chemo...both totally un-expected tid bits that I really didn't need to be handed. The ball is rolling on this and now I have to see where its headed. Not very happy camper right no.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Postby herschel conyers » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm

We will be praying for you daly.

HC

twild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby twild » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Cancer sucks. Kick it's AZZ

MrTom
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTom » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

MrTom wrote:I had some skin cancer issues back in October and was told then that they got it all. I had a check-up yesterday and now they're talking radiation treatments and possibly chemo...both totally un-expected tid bits that I really didn't need to be handed. The ball is rolling on this and now I have to see where its headed. Not very happy camper right no.

An up-date to this. I underwent a risk assessment and its been determined that I am fine as long as what I had doesn't recur. No radiation or chemo, thank God.

herschel conyers
Veteran
Veteran

Postby herschel conyers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Thankyou Lord for answered prayers. Great news Tom.

HC

Return to “Fishing+Boating”